Week 1, Starting my blogger account

  This is kind of my first time on blogger. I am not really in to blogs or blogging, but I guess with CSIT155 I will be learning more about it. This is my second go at this class. I am relearning the little bit I was able to take in from last year. 

       Why was this one, the one? I am into rpg video games in my spare time. This background reminded me of some of my games. I felt like it was the best representation of myself. I also like sci-fi movies, and it is a reflection of that as well.
        Mostly I picked this one because it wasn't girly and covered with flowers. I didn't want to pick a plain background because that seemed boring. This one is lively and intriguing. Well, that's all I have to say about backgrounds. It also reminds me of Star Trek Discovery, which I started watching a few months ago and really like!

      Update: I found the larger selection of backgrounds and were to upload my own background. I might use this option in the future. I would like to customize it to fit in with my business. 

Social Media platforms have become part of our daily lives. They can be used for socializing, gaming, networking and marketing. I myself do not know much about them, but I am working on learning more. The only ones I have any personal experience with is Face Book, YouTube and Google.

       I think Instagram and Twitter are for personal use because on these platforms you can post how you feel or what you are doing. Now Face Book is similar, but crosses over to the business side as well.

      With regard to business side of social media I think LinkedIn works well for fine tuning resumes, finding employment and making business contacts. Pinterest can be used for targeting a specific consumer or finding photos for people have posted for advertising. Google is more of a business platform, but can be used for some personal things. I see Google as more business because of the search engine results, google docs, and google maps.

      YouTube can be used for both marketing and personal use. My son watches a couple of video gamer channels and they have made a lot of money from making the videos. I believe this is from sponsors and placing advertising/commercials in the videos. Face Book now has a market place they use for personal selling as well as business ads. This shows that these platforms can be used for both personal interest and business marketing.

       I know I still have a lot to learn about social media platforms and I am hoping that taking CSIT 155 will help me get started.

Comments

Popular Posts