Week 4, Post 2: My target Market

        So what is my target market.....  Simple, everyone over the age of 18 or so. At least for the recycling portion of my business. Everyone theses days has electronics that stop working and they need to properly dispose of them. Whether it's grandma with an old microwave and tube TV or 20 year old Emma who dropped her smart phone again and broke it. Or maybe is Jack and Jill who have 2 kids that are finally cleaning out their kids' old toys that are broken. 

       As for the surplus part of my business it is a bit more complicated. There are two clear cut markets I have to address when it comes to the surplus. Buyers and Sellers. As for buyers that is more business or hobby oriented. Most of our surplus customers are businesses looking to save money. We also get in those who have dreams of building a battle bot or just a bad ass who knows what because it's fun. 

     Now for sellers. Not only do I have to target the business market to sell items I have to find the material to acquire so I have something to sell. This is a completely different market set in itself. This part of my market consists of businesses that are upgrading or downsizing equipment and inventory. Occasionally I get a call from someone that needs to clear out Grampa's collection of junk that's built up in the garage over the years. 

      And yet there is still one other market we approach as well. Government contractors and schools often need there equipment destroyed because it contains specialized data. This could be students information of patented designs. 

    The vast majority of my target market is other businesses/companies, but we also strive to include residential customers. The Ewaste is just as important as the surplus. The two are part of a balanced circle. It is in our best interest to include the residential customers in our community. Many times we get new business customers from referrals from our residential customer. For example, Mary brings in her old Tv and computer to get rid of it. But, it turns out Mary is also the facility manager for a company that has equipment to dispose of or are looking for used equipment. This actually happens a lot. 

     My target market is broad. I try to use specific measures to reach and address the different markets my company interacts with. Our website homepage address both business and residential customers. 

Comments

Popular Posts